Terms & Conditions
Artists are required to follow the Terms and Conditions of Art Exhibition and Sales and Presentation Standards for all exhibitions.
If you are unsure about these conditions and standards, please email email@example.com before entering or applying for an exhibition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ART EXHIBITIONS AND SALES
The Northville Art House:
- provides publicity, postcards and an opening reception on the First Friday of the month.
- reserves the right to select the work, installs the exhibition, and handles the sale of the work.
- requires all work to meet presentation standards and not previously been exhibited at the Art House.
- encourages, but does not require, artists to sell their work; a 35% commission is charged on all sales.
- exercises professional care in handling artwork; however, insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
For full Terms and Conditions, please read the Art Exhibition and Sales Agreement.
ARTWORK PRESENTATION STANDARDS
The Northville Art House requires:
- All work be original, in excellent condition, ready for secure installation, and properly labeled.
- Unsuitably prepared, hazardous, unstable, or extremely fragile work will be declined.
- All 2D work be framed and ready for hanging with a wire; sawtooth hangers are not accepted.
- The exception is that canvases may be framed, wrapped or have painted sides.
- All 3D work be free standing, able to stand on a pedestal, or hang securely with a wire, rod or other hardware.
- Equipment or instructions for special installations should be delivered with the work.
For more about artwork presentation requirements, please read the Artwork Presentation Standards.