Terms & Conditions
Artists are required to follow the Terms and Conditions of Art Exhibition and Sales recommended Presentation Standards for all exhibitions.
If you are unsure about these conditions and standards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before entering or applying for an exhibition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ART EXHIBITIONS AND SALES
The Northville Art House:
- provides publicity, postcards and an opening reception on the First Friday of the month.
- reserves the right to select the work, installs the exhibition, and handles the sale of the work.
- requires all work to meet presentation standards and not previously been exhibited at the Art House.
- encourages, but does not require, artists to sell their work; a 35% commission is charged on all sales.
- exercises professional care in handling artwork; however, insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
For full Terms and Conditions, please read the Art Exhibition and Sales Agreement.
ARTWORK PRESENTATION STANDARDS
The Northville Art House requires:
- All work be original, in excellent condition, ready for secure installation, and properly labeled.
- Unsuitably prepared, hazardous, unstable, or extremely fragile work will be declined.
- All 2D work be framed and ready for hanging with a wire; sawtooth hangers are not accepted.
- The exception is that canvases may be framed, wrapped or have painted sides.
- All 3D work be free standing, able to stand on a pedestal, or hang securely with a wire, rod or other hardware.
- Equipment or instructions for special installations should be delivered with the work.
For more about artwork presentation requirements, please read the Artwork Presentation Standards.
TATTOO PHOTOGRAPH PROMOTION
The Northville Art Houseis reaching out to the public and social media users to post photos of their tattoos with #NorthvilleArtHouseTattooand to follow northvillearthouse on the photo and video sharing app Instagram.
- If you choose to post your photo, you grant the Northville Art Housepermission to display your photo with or without credit in a public exhibition and to use for promotional purposes on our website, social channels, and marketing materials.
- The Northville Art House, however, shall have no obligation to display your photo in a public exhibition.
- You hereby agree, represent and warrant that you are solely responsible for your photo, and that you own all rights to your photo and/or have obtained appropriate rights and permissions from any and all other persons and/or entities who own, manage or otherwise claim any rights with respect to such photo.
- You certify that you are at least 18 years of age.
- You hereby warrant that your photo is not libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive or otherwise unlawful.
- You hereby grant to the Northville Art House, a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable right to display your photo with or without credit in a public exhibition and to use for promotional purposes on our website, emails, advertisements, social channels and any and all marketing materials.
- You hereby grant the Northville Art House the right to use your Instagram username and real name in connection with any use of your photo.
- Your photo, a reproduction of your photo, a derivative work from your photo, or a combination of your photo with other materials will not be made for public sale by the Northville Art House.
- The use of your photo by the Northville Art House as described herein will not violate the rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, moral, proprietary or other rights, of any third party, or any law, rule or regulation.
- You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold the Northville Art House and any person acting on their behalf, harmless from any liability related in any way to the Northville Art House’s use of your photo.
- This promotion isn’t sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social media channels, or marketing websites used throughout the opportunity.