Terms & Conditions
Artists please read the Terms and Conditions of Art Exhibition and Sales and Presentation Standards for all exhibitions.
If you have any questions about the information below, i.e. your artwork requires alternative hanging or installation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ART EXHIBITIONS AND SALES
The Northville Art House:
- requires all work to never have been exhibited at the Art House.
- provides publicity, postcards and an opening reception on the First Friday of the month.
- reserves the right to select the work, installs the exhibition, and handles the sale of the work.
- encourages, but does not require, artists to sell their work; a 35% commission is charged on all sales.
- exercises professional care in handling artwork; however, insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
For full Terms and Conditions, please read the Art Exhibition and Sales Agreement.
ARTWORK PRESENTATION STANDARDS
The Northville Art House requires:
- All work be original, in excellent condition, ready for secure installation, and labeled with name and title.
- A temporary label with name and title may be included at delivery.
- Unsuitably prepared, hazardous, unstable, or extremely fragile delivered work will be declined.
- Artists will have up to 48 hours to rectify any issue.
- All 2D work be framed and ready for hanging with a wire. Sawtooth hangers are not accepted.
- Canvases may be framed, wrapped or have painted sides.
- All 3D work be free standing, able to stand on a pedestal, or hang securely with a wire, rod or other hardware.
- Equipment or instructions for special installations should be delivered with the work.
For more on the artwork presentation, please read the recommended Artwork Presentation Standards.