Artisan Store Opportunities
The Northville Art House, a nonprofit art facility, seeks partnerships with community artists. The Artisan Store features consigned artwork from professional, emerging and student artists in a variety of mediums and styles. Example artwork includes prints, paintings, jewelry, sculpture, gifts and cards for all occasions in a variety of mediums and styles. Opportunities are also available through our online marketing place for artists, art collectors and art lovers.
The Art House provides the following benefits to our store artists:
- Lighted and accessible shelf and wall space to display art pieces
- Guarantee that 100% of the artwork will be presented
- In partnership with the artist, promotes the work at the Art House, and on website and social media channels
- Opportunities to present lectures, workshops, pop-up shops or other artist-driven programs
- Employs personnel for point of sale
- Handles payment of credit card fees and sales tax
- Prepares and sends payment of retail sales
- Offers a competitive 65% artist / 35% merchant split on all sales
In addition, the Northville Art House has established a Featured Artist Program. Details include:
- Invitation and introduction as Featured Artist, up to 4 feature artist per month, at our receptions
- Inclusion as Featured Artist in press release; list includes regional publications and press contacts
- Artist and artwork promoted on printed materials including postcard distributed throughout Metro Detroit
- Opportunity to display business cards and promotional materials during featured months of exhibition
- Increased promotion of artist and artwork on our website, social channels, E-newsletter and in-store signage
- Store commission is 75% artist / 25% merchant split on all sales during featured months of exhibition
- Availability: Three-month consignment determined at scheduled appointment
- To be eligible for a Featured Artist program, artists must be in good standing as a member at the $30 Individual Member Level or higher and submit a payment of $65 to cover advertisement and administration costs.
To become a store artist, we ask the following:
- Complete an online application with images, description, bio/artist statement, and cv/resume for review.
- Look for email notification of decision, typically within one week of application receipt.
- Upon request, make an appointment with the Chrissy at firstname.lastname@example.org to review artwork.
- Upon approval, become a member of the Art House at the $30 Individual Member Level or higher
- Complete and sign a contract agreement with inventory list at the Northville Art House
Store Information for Artists
Questions? Contact Chrissy Serra, email@example.com or call 248-344-0497.